The Hiding Place

“The Hiding Place” is the life of Corrie Ten Boom told through a book; but, you can only put a certain amount of emotion into pages. A life filled with all sorts of excitation, the life of someone who could have lived happily, but chose to help others, and gave up her freedom and rest because of her love.

Corrie and her family were gained their life by clock making during the events of World War II, and they chose to help those who were being persecuted by the Nazi. Just by helping those who were in need of help, the hiding place was created so that in any case that they had to hide. And even though there could is great emotion while Corrie was helping others, there is much more when she is arrested and taken to concentration camps and forced to work. She faces and endures various trials and after all that, freedom can be found once more.

I have done a drawing on my thought of the book. It depicts what I would say would be an apocalyptic world on the outside of the Ten Boom property and how peaceful it was inside the house. This made me think on how good it would have been for the refugees when they found a place like the hiding place. The happiness they would feel, because the outside world was in chaos and men were all against each other, while inside the house there was peace and tranquility.